free presentation: living the word of wisdom
Our body is a precious gift from God. To help keep our bodies and our minds healthy and strong, God gave a law of health to Joseph Smith in 1833. This law is known as the Word of Wisdom (see Doctrine and Covenants 89:1-21). (…) God promises great physical and spiritual blessings to those who follow the Word of Wisdom. Today, the scientific community promotes some of the same principles that a loving God gave to Joseph Smith nearly two centuries ago. (source)
The blessings promised in the Word of Wisdom are tremendous. But living it means more than just avoiding certain substances. The amazingly simple but profound truths proclaimed in this document provide a map to healthy living.
For those in the Utah County area, Robin has put together an informative, practical, and fun 45 min presentation of how to effectively live the Word of Wisdom and prosper from the blessings of doing do. This is a free presentation that she offers for youth activities, relief society meetings, or other church sponsored events.
The presentation includes:
- A brief (and interesting!) overview of the Word of Wisdom and its historical background.
- A concise overview of the “things to avoid”
- A deeper look at the ways our bodies can benefit from following the things we should do: eating “in the season,” “every wholesome herb,” and other wonderful tidbits.
- Supported research from top nutritional and scientific experts
- Guidelines and perspectives from our LDS leaders
- Handouts for all participants
Currently Robin is only doing one presentation a month, so make sure to book well in advance. Contact Robin to find out her availability.